A small drop of blood, with a bright light shining on it.
Isaac wears a red bandana on his forehead.
Increases Damage by 0.28 each time an enemy dies in the current room. Isaac and his tears turn red with more power gained. Isaac will also grow slightly larger with each kill. The damage boost granted from Bloody Lust maxes out at 3.3 damage after killing 10 enemies, however, 1 less than this value is added to your damage, meaning it will provide a max of 2.3 damage. Because of this, Bloody Lust is great for challenge rooms.
- Blood Rights, The Necronomicon - Anything destroyed by the damage effect, not just enemies, will be counted as a kill. Notably, this includes enemy projectiles.
- The Candle - Any projectiles blocked by the Candle's flame will be counted as a kill.
- Cube of Meat, Guardian Angel, Halo Of Flies/Pretty Fly, Sacrificial Dagger - Any projectiles blocked by orbital familiars will be counted as a kill.
- Samson's Lock - The effects of Samson's Lock stack with Bloody Lust and are not capped.
- Enemies who kill themselves by walking into Fireplaces will count as "kills" to increase damage.
- The bandana could be a reference to Rambo.
- Sometimes Bloody Lust can be obtained without killing Mom's Heart with Samson.
- Eliminating enemy shots in some manner (e.g. using The Candle or Necronomicon) will count as "kills" to increase damage.
- At the starting screen, when picking Samson, his starting item is displayed as "Blood Lust" instead of "Bloody Lust"